Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Will Of God

The Lord knows infinitely better than I what is best for me, and all things, even our sins, St. Augustine said, work together for the good of those who love God.  

Concretely, abandonment consists in seeing the will of God in all people, events, and circumstances present to you.  If God tears up your beautiful game plan and leads you into a valley instead of a mountaintop, it is because H wants you to discover His plan, which is more beautiful than anything you or I could have dreamed up.  The response of trust is "Thank you, Jesus," even if it is said through clenched teeth.

The Relentless Tenderness Of Jesus by Brennan Manning

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that I may trust enough to say "Thank you, Jesus," through clenched teeth. May I know at all times that even the valleys work together for the good of those who love God.