Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Atlanta Examiner

Just recently, at the end of 2008, I was laid off from the non-profit I worked for. I was a bit sad because I had been with the organization for 5 years. I also had a baby during that time, so I was really okay with leaving and being at home for awhile with my little one.

As the new year came and went, I realized that it was time for me to pursue my dream of being a writer. I wasn't sure how to do that at first, so I launched this blog with the plan to work on ideas and articles and post them here. I would then see if I could get them published elsewhere so I could start working as a freelance writer. 

I knew that if I didn't start actually writing, I would never be a writer. 

So, I am really excited to share that I have landed my first writing job! I will be working with The Atlanta Examiner as their Christian Living Examiner. I will be writing at least three articles a week about christian living. My first article is already up, so I hope you will check it out as well as my other work in the future as I write for them week in and week out. 

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to stop by this blog and read my work. And thank you in advance for reading my work with The Atlanta Examiner. I appreciate your support, feedback, and comments so much.

1 comment:

Carrie Neal Walden said...

Taylor!
I am so excited for and proud of you!! As a fellow writer it is so exciting to see you pursue your dream. I can't wait to follow and read your "stuff." Yay!! (Why do I now feel more cheerleader-y than I ever did in my uniform ;)??)
Congrats!
CN