Monday, July 13, 2009

I want God's light to shine from me, but I am not sure it does. Will it ever?

I have been taking some time recently to reflect on the topics I have written on lately. Usually, the topics I write on are things that God is currently teaching me, which often makes it a challenge to write in the third person. Third person makes it sound as though I am an authority on what I am writing, when really God is challenging me and working on me about my writing topics.
 
One issue I have been reflecting on this week comes from my article, The defining characteristics of Christ's church. I describe how people in Christ's church are to be full of joy and radiate God's presence. Since I wrote that article, I have been thinking, "Do I radiate God's presence, and am I really full of joy?"
 
I can fairly confidently answer "no" to both of those questions....


Read More Here.

No comments: