Friday, September 11, 2009

Book Review: Gabriel Allon spy series by Daniel Silva

For those of you out there who are big readers, and even if you are not, I have discovered an awesome series of books that I absolutely cannot put down. They are the Gabriel Allon spy novels by Daniel Silva. 

I happened to pick one up that was lying around a beach house I was staying at recently. Since then, I have been reading them non-stop. Last week, I loaned the first two to my father-in-law. He read and returned them to me within four days. He now has my copies of the next five books in the series. 

To say the least, Daniel Silva is an excellent writer. His stories are compelling, but not overly complicated or too simplistic. And his plot lines are unique, because they are based on actual past historical events and how those events now affect the decisions of his characters. The characters in the novels are very provocative as well, with Israeli spy Gabriel Allon being the star. 

If you are looking for a new novel that has a great story, with the added benefit that you will actually learn some history as you read, then Daniel Silva's books are for you. I recommend starting with The Kill Artist. Once you being reading it, you won't stop until you have read all nine books in the series. They are just that good.   

No comments: