Thursday, October 1, 2009

Book Review: The Gentle Spirit Devotional

I was browsing in a christian bookstore one day and found a book entitled A Gentle Spirit. A 365 day devotional book, I was surprised to see it only cost $4.99. I scanned the description on the back and recognized some of the names of the contributing writers. Why not buy it, I thought? It only cost five dollars. If I didn't like it, I would not be out much money.

Turns out that was one of the best five dollars I have ever spent. A Gentle Spirit is a lovely book that seeks to help christian women grow deeper in their faith in Christ. It also shows them, in an encouraging and simple way, how to imitate Christ and understand how living connected to him can impact all the areas of their lives for good.

A Gentle Spirit is an excellent devotional book, with contributions from Ruth Bell, Patsy Clairmont, Sheila Walsh, Joni Erickson Tada, Elisabeth Elliot, Corrie Ten Boom, and many other well known christian women. I have read it for several years, and even now it still continues to challenge and change me. If you are looking for a great devotional book, A Gentle Spirit will not disappoint. 

No comments: